Home stagers: Amy Burke & Katie Miedler, real estate pros and owners of Ambiance Decorators LLC
The home: A single-family home located in Upper Montclair in Essex County, N.J. The home was staged by Amy Burke and Katie Miedler, and ended up selling 107 percent of the asking price–at $1,073,575. Burke and Miedler sought to stage the home with a “fresh, updated, classic, and timeless” look.
- Curtains: Sheer curtains are great for softening windows and letting the light in. They do not compete with the design and are not too “style specific” so they are often processed as calming.
- Plants: Plants are so important in design for color and texture. They also add interest by bringing the outdoors in.
- Colors:Soft colors present a calming affect allowing buyers to view the room as relaxing and peaceful.
- Furniture: It’s often best to leave out the chairs at the head of the dining table…this prevents the back of the chair from stopping your eye in a photograph.
- Accessories: A beautiful runner, arrangement of flowers and a few candles create a classic centerpiece.
- Art: Art is the last item added to the design. We often add neutral art to complete the look of the room but not distract buyers from focus on the space.
- Accessories: Just a few accessories on the bookshelf will highlight the space without feeling overwhelming or cluttered.
- Lighting: It’s always best to compliment the furniture arrangement with lighting. If there’s not enough space for end tables, floor lamps are a great option.
- Furniture: A padded bench is a great option for a coffee table to add a little something different.
Have a home you recently staged that you’d like to show off here at Styled Staged & Sold? Submit your staging photos for consideration, along with three to five of your best spruce-up tips. Contact Melissa Dittmann Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org.